Stevie – Owner
Stevie Corthine has been hairdressing for over 16 years. Born in Somerset, England, he moved to the bright lights of London and began his brilliant career. Stevie trained under internationally renowned hairdresser and organic hair colouring pioneer Daniel Field.
He spent 8 years honing his craft in London, then stints in the USA and Asia before coming to Sydney where he quickly became head colourist at Antony Whittaker Salon. Stevie is currently an educator for O&M and Bio-ionic and previously for Wella and L’Oreal.
Stevie has a reputation for creating beautiful hair colour both on clients and in photographic fashion shoots. He recently shot all the international images for O&M.
Stevie’s work can be seen in Marie Claire, Oyster, and Yen Magazines and also in various hairdressing publications, he works on fashion shows and education events all over Australia. He is regular voice in Australian Womens Health magazine as well as contributing to Prohairstylist and Mecho websites.
Since opening his eponymous salon in Sydney’s Glebe in late 2007 his profile has increased dramaticaly and he has not looked back.
Follow Stevie on Twitter
The Stevie English Hair Q & A
1. What’s your favourite city in the world? I love London, but Sydney is amazing where could I work and surf in the same city.
2. Who is your style hero? I have so many and for so many reasons, Jonnie Depp, would be up there so that will do, I just like his careless style, it really appeals to me.
3. What music are you into right now? Hip hop, reggae, dancehall, soul, R&B you will hear most in the salon, its awesome being the boss as I get the last word on the music
4. What is the last book you read? The wounded Gaurdian by Duncan Lay I read a lot.
5. What is your favourite movie? Wayne’s world is an old fave as is Zoolander love back to the future and I love september sessions which is a surf movie which I watch a lot
6. Beatles or Stones | Blur/ Oasis | Amy Winehouse/ Lily Allen ? Beatles | Blue | Amy
7. What is your favourite car? Aspirational car would have to be the V12 vantage from Aston Martin or the Delorean from Back to the Future, but I will also, own a VW Van one day – pimped out to take me to the surf.
8. Who is your favourite UK fashionista? Probably David Beckham, I think he has great style.
9. Blondes/ Brunettes ?
I love hair colour, and I love the people under the colour’s.
10. Turkey or prawns for Christmas lunch? Prawns in Oz but if I was in the uk I would go turkey
11. Cats or Dogs? Cats