Kirsty – Director and Manager
Kirsty has 14 years industry experience and is the salon manager at Stevie English Hair, she has been with the salon from the start and is integral part. She is the Kevin Murphy ambassador for the salon and has just finished working alongside Kevin to help with all his new international looks for this year. Kirsty is off NY fashion week in September.
Kirsty has won 18 awards including, Best Stylist, Best Colourist and best Hairup styling. She has worked overseas in London and Europe.
Kirsty has worked on fashion shows and photo shoots, still does on a regular basis. She recently directed hair for Justine Davis at Rosemount Australian Fashion Week 2010 and 2011, and has created all the looks for this awesome designer’s lookbook.
Kirsty loves all area’s of hairdressing; she loves creating something new and unique, with all sorts of hair from curly to straight, short and long.
Kirsty is one of the salon educaters, training the staff in O&M, Davines and Bio-Ionic practices; and cutting, colouring and hair-up.
The Stevie English Hair Q & A
1. What’s your favourite city in the world? Barcelona.
2. Who is your style hero? I don’t really have one, I get inspiration from a lot of different things and places. As far as hair goes, I’m inspired by people like Tracey Hughes and Joey Scandizzo.
3. What music are you into right now? The XX
4. What is the last book you read? Sugar Babe
5. What is your favourite movie? Inception
6. Beatles or Stones | Blur/ Oasis | Amy Winehouse/ Lily Allen ? Lily Allen
7. What is your favourite car? Red, with a sunroof and roof racks
8. Who is your favourite UK fashionista? Kate Moss
9. Blondes/ Brunettes ? Blondes
10. Turkey or prawns for Christmas lunch? Prawns- I hate turkey!
11. Cats or Dogs? Definitely dogs