Verity – Artistic Director & Head Make-Up Artist
Verity began her hairdressing apprenticeship at the age of 15 which meant by 19 years old she was qualified, won Hairdresser of the Year in Wellington, NZ and could move to the UK to study make-up and fulfill her dreams of working in the session world. Verity lived in London for 17 years during which time had the good fortune to work with many great names in music, advertising, fashion and film, such as, Alexander McQueen, John Galliano, U2, Rachael Weiz, Vincent Ward, Mis-teeq to name just a few.
Verity now resides in Sydney, Australia and is Creative Director at Stevie English Hair in Glebe, AHFA Make-up Artist of the Year 2010, runner up AUSTRALIA HAIR EXPO “Session Stylist of the Year’ 2010 and a freelance Hair and Make-up Artist.
Still obsessed with hair, make-up and fashion after almost 25 years suggests Verity’s passion is unlikely to die and is the driving force in her life.
View Verity’s session work website – www.verityg.com
Follow Verity on Twitter @missVerityG
The Stevie English Hair Q & A
1. What’s your favourite city in the world? New York.
2. Who is your style hero? John Galliano.
3. What music are you into right now? UK Grime.
4. What is the last book you read? The Millenium Trilogy.
5. What is your favourite movie? Strictly Ballroom.
6. Beatles or Stones | Blur/ Oasis | Amy Winehouse/ Lily Allen ? Amy Winehouse.
7. What is your favourite car? Aston Martin Vanquish.
8. Who is your favourite UK fashionista? Kiki Mojo.
9. Blondes/ Brunettes ? Redheads!
10. Turkey or prawns for Christmas lunch? Neither-save the animals!
11. Cats or Dogs? Cats- dogs smell badly!